Welcome to SMS!
School of Modern Skills (SMS) is located in Muhaisnah-1 area in Dubai, and it opened its doors for 380 students in 2005, : SMS is a school for boys & girls from KG1 to Grade 12. By the end of this scholastic year 2013/2014, there were around 1500 students in total. The enrolment is growing and a new campus for girls has been established. The school has an average class size of 22. There are about 80 teachers including two Emiratis and the rest are either Arab or foreign expatriates. There are three full time social workers, two science lab technicians and, a doctor and 2 nurses, a full-time two librarians, three employees for LRC and there are 8 security guards.
The Senior Management Team (Principal, Vice Principal, Three Head supervisors and the curriculum HOD) and the Middle Management Team (HOD and Subjects’ Coordinators and Sections’ Supervisors) have clearly defined roles and they work collaboratively together. There are 35 timetabled lessons per week all over the cycles. Teachers teaching loads range from 16 to 24 lessons per week and they conduct IEPs. Generally, teachers also have at least two PD sessions (department PD and/or whole staff PD), about 90% of the students are Emiratis. The remaining 10% made up of expatriate students from other countries, This is predominantly a ‘middle’ socio-economic Emirati community. The Emirati group represents the more affluent group at the school, Buildings and Grounds: This is school with two campuses. The main campus has 56 classroom and 20 in the girls campus. two science labs, library and three LRCs, PD rooms, numerous offices, three swimming pools and an administrative wing, all inter-connected. The building is has two large assembly areas and playgrounds. Most student activity is conducted in the gymnasium or outside. The gymnasium is considered as a multi-purpose hall, School facilities were upgraded to cope with the growing student population, The Canteen is a newly located area – built into the structure of the existing building, and The Board of Governors includes.